Voki

Monday, November 16, 2015

The Best Experience of My Life


       The best experience of my life was when I got engaged and ultimately got married. The surprise of my engagement was amazing in itself. Then, the planning and actual day of my wedding were more than I could have ever imagined!
         After I got engaged, the planning started right away. We got engaged on May 30, 2014 and booked our wedding for July 24, 2015. I absolutely loved picking out all my vendors. The best part of planning was finding and deciding on my dress. I went to Kleinfeld’s Bridal in the city. All the dresses were so beautiful! When I picked my dress, I knew it was the one right away.

         When the day finally got here, it was like a dream! Everything went smoothly. After the Church we went to the beach to take pictures. The day couldn’t have been more perfect. We danced the night away and were surrounded by all our loved ones. It was truly the best experience of my life! 




Vocabulary:
experience (noun)--> a time of personally encountering or undergoing something
engaged (adjective)--> pledged to be married
ultimately (adjective)--> lastly or finally
vendors (noun)--> a person or company that sells something
Kleinfeld's Bridal (noun)--> bridal store
surrounded (verb)--> enclosed or circled around

Vocabulary Exercise: Create a sentence using each vocabulary word. Don't forget to start with a capital letter and end with the appropriate punctuation.
1. experience: __________________________________________________
2. engaged: ____________________________________________________
3. ultimately: ___________________________________________________
4. vendors: _____________________________________________________
5. Kleinfeld's Bridal: ______________________________________________
6. surrounded: __________________________________________________

Grammar Point:
My story about the best day of my life, used nouns, verbs and adjectives. All three of these things are needed in order to write a paragraph that is interesting and makes sense. Write your own paragraph about the best experience of your life. In your paragraph, underline the nouns, circle the verbs and draw two lines under the adjectives. Give descriptive details!

No comments:

Post a Comment